Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Here goes nothing

     It has been a long time since I have blogged, But lately I have been trying to write more and get helpful information out to people. Facebook posts are great, but I want to go further with my ideas and give more information to back up my beliefs. I enjoy constructive criticism so feel free to give any advice you man have.

        I am going to dive right into it today with, What is a healthy lifestyle?  There is so much information at your fingertips at any point in the day it can be very overwhelming. There is fitness apps that can pretty much get you a six pack and amazing glutes ( I haven't found one yet but still looking) but you get the idea, The technology we have can be a blessing but also a curse. Today one person is telling you Paleo is the only way to survive, Carbohydrates are terrible and you will never be thin if you enjoy that bowl of oatmeal! I went a little to far but sometimes I read stuff that's close to that. Tomorrow guess what, If you don't eat for your blood type, It's game over and your body will stop working and you will shrivel up and expire. I am not trying to say I no everything, and  I understand its very frustrating especially when your just starting out. So my advice to you would be strive to make little changes, examples such as, only drink water or other non calorie beverages, only treat yourself after you achieve one of your goals, limit alcohol ( this is tough considering I love craft beer) but its not going to help me achieve my goal, Its going to make the process longer and I'm going to have to work a lot harder just to enjoy those few beers. Just make small changes over a period of time, If you try to change everything at once you will most likely fail. Its in the facts, One change and you have about an 80% chance of sticking to it, Two changes and its more like 50%, And three or more its 30% or below and failing sucks so just try one thing at a time, Make it a habit and then try adding another. This will help the habits stick and you achieve a healthier lifestyle. Enjoy the process, whats the rush, One step in the right direction today, Is closer to your goal than you were the day before.


Hope this helps





No comments:

Post a Comment